Meningioma Treatment Cost in India

All about Meningioma that you need to know

Meningioma is a slow-growing tumour that forms on the surface of the brain and causes pressure on the brain and spinal cord. This tumour starts in the meningeal tissues, i.e.e thin membranes that surround the brain as well as the spinal cord. These tissues protect the brain and spinal cord and assist the cerebrospinal fluid in circulating amid the arachnoid and pia layers. About 80 percent of Meningioma is benign, and the remaining 20 percent are cancerous and need treatment and also has a risk of returning after the surgery. 

 

Types of Meningioma

Meningioma is classified as per the location as where it starts. Below are types of Meningioma:

Falx and parasagittal meningioma– the First one occurs in the falx which is a membrane and resides amid left and right brain, and contain blood vessels . The second one is the most common type, and that occurs at the top of the falx, i.e. inside the skull. Symptoms include leg weakness, headaches, seizures

Convexity meningioma-It occurs on the outer surface of the brain. symptoms include seizures, problems, focal neurological defects

Sphenoid Meningioma– its location is behind the eyes. Symptoms include numbness in the face, blindness, double vision, headaches

Olfactory groove meningioma– its location is near the nerves that link the brain and nose. Symptoms include loss of smell, headaches, blindness

Posterior fossa meningioma– its location is at the back of the brain. Symptoms include loss of hearing, difficulty in swallowing, trouble walking

Suprasellar Meningioma– this type occurs next to sella turcica, which is the base of the skull. Symptoms include double vision, blindness, swelling of the optic disk

Spinal Meningioma– it is located in the spine at chest level . symptoms include back pain, pain in the chest or limbs, weakness in legs, arms, 

Intraorbital Meningioma– it’s location is in or around the eye sockets. symptoms include loss of vision, bulging of the eye

Intraventricular Meningioma– it occurs in the chambers that carry fluid throughout the brain. symptoms include memory changes, headaches, dizziness 

 

Symptoms of Meningioma

Sometimes people with this problem do not experience any signs or any type of changes . some people with Meningioma may experience several symptoms which can be caused by the tumour pressing on spinal cord or brain and which leads to stopping of the normal functioning of specific areas of the brain. Some signs or symptoms of Meningioma

Are listed below:

  • Seizures 
  • Single or multiple muscle jerks or twitches
  • Loss of body tone or consciousness
  • Loss of control of body
  • short thirty-second time of no breathing 
  • Change in vision, smell or hearing
  • unintentional movements
  • Memory changes 
  • Vomiting

 

Treatment of Meningioma

There are many doctors who work as a team to create a patient’s overall treatment plan out and which combines diverse types of treatments. To treat Meningioma, the doctors’ team will include 

  • Neuro-oncologists
  •  Medical oncologists
  •  Radiation oncologists
  •  Surgeon

There are also many others in the team like oncology nurses, physician assistants, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists, counsellors, and others.though Meningioma is a slow-growing tumour there are many ways to treat it . some treatments include surgery, radiation therapy, and in rare cases chemotherapy. Meningioma treatment cost in India ranges from USD 5500 to USD 7000 and can vary according to surgery and medical procedure. The success rate of Meningioma treatment is more than 95 percent and totally depends upon the patient’s age and type of tumour. 

Top Doctors For Meningioma Treatment in India

  • Dr. Sandeep Vaishya with 20 years of experience, Gurgaon
  • Dr. Aditya Gupta with 21 years of experience, Gurgaon
  • Dr. V. P. Singh with 30 years of experience, Gurgaon
  • Dr. Vipul Gupta with 21 years of experience, Gurgaon

 

The treatment option entirely depends upon many factors including type as well as the grade of the tumour, patient’s preferences, possible side effects and overall health of the patient. However, surgery is considered as a common type of treatment. treating spinal cord and brain tumour is a challenging task especially if the tumour is near a delicate part of the spinal cord or brain

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *