Global Hospitals has been ranked fourth in India’s largest healthcare chain. Expertise in multi-organ transplants (including kidneys, liver, heart and lungs), hepatic, cardiac, neuro, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, and urology. It is linked to and part of the Parkway Pantai Ltd, one of the biggest integrated private healthcare organizations in the region. Parkway Pantai provides more than 4,000 beds across Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, India, China, and Vietnam, with a network of more than 22 hospitals.
Accreditation & Achievements:
- Global Hospitals was founded in 1999 and is accredited by NABH, NABL and HALAL. Its Lung Transplant Program is regarded to be India’s best. Every year, the global team of physicians conduct 18,000 surgeries, care 30,000 out-patients and 50,000 in-patients.
- First South India hospital to effectively conduct 5 organ transplant surgeries in one day.It is also the first hospital in Tamil Nadu, India to conduct Split Liver Transplant.
- First Hospital to introduce the GART Global Accident Rescue Team (Two-Wheeler Ambulance Service).First Nucleus Replacement Hospital in South Asia in Spine.
- The first Single Lung Transplant performed by India and the first Minimal Invasive Lung Transplant. Global Hospitals Chennai is effectively implanting an Implantable Artificial Lung for the first time in India.
- Only Indian Hospital associated with King’s College Hospital, London, UK for Liver Transplants.First hospital to be acknowledged by the Government of India for Research and Development.
There are 1000 beds in the multi-super specialty Quaternary care hospital. Spread over 21 acres, it offers affordable cost of world-class health care. Also, equipped with modern medical and technological facilities. Neurophysiology Lab: Equipped with EEG, EMG, NCS and Evoked Potential Systems including VEP and SSEP. Use state-of- the-art neurosurgery technology such as intraoperative MRI, computer-assisted brain surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, awake brain surgery, and deep brain stimulation (for neurological disorders). It also offers an extensive kidney, Liver, Heart & Lung transplant suite.Emergency room provides cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation, core venous access, polytrauma treatment, and serious head injury.The Department of Gastroenterology is fitted with state-of – the-art Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS) to diagnose and treat digestive system diseases, cancers / tumors and other pancreatic, bile duct, gall bladder diseases.
Team and Specialties:
- The on-board team of extremely qualified physicians is backed by skilled and qualified nursing and paramedical employees, as well as the management team.
- Has conducted 8 heart transplants, 20 lung transplants, and 1 mixed heart & lung transplant and more than 500 liver transplants, providing sophisticated care for complicated instances of hepatology.
- Best urology experts are fitted with state-of – the-art kidney stones and technology for treating prostate cancer.
List of Top Doctors in Global Hospitals, Chennai
Dr. Sanjay Govil – Hepatologist – 25 years of Experience:
Currently affiliated as Senior Consultant with the Department of Liver Transplant at Global Hospitals, Chennai holds extensive 25-year experience as an accomplished HPB, GI oncology and liver transplant surgeon holds unique interest in and skill in the performance of liver transplant surgery.Contributed numerous articles on general, GI and HPB surgery in multiple publications in India and overseas Member of numerous known organisations such as the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (Member of the Executive Committee, 2008-2010).
Dr. Aruna Chandrasekhran – Surgical Oncologist – 42 years of experience
Currently affiliated with the Department of Surgical Oncology at Global Hospitals, Chennai as Senior Consultant. Served as Director of the Indian Redcross IRCS Cancer Hospital, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, Mar 2002 – November 2007. Holds extensive 42-year experience and skills in breast oncology. Also, specializing in oncology and surgical oncology.
Specialization & Treatments:
o Breast Oncology
o Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia – ALL in Adults
o Breast Biopsy
o Hairy Cell Leukemia – HCL
o Adrenal Cancer Treatment
o Anal Cancer Treatment
o Aplastic Anemia
o Bile Duct Cancer Treatment
o Bladder Cancer Treatment
o Brain CNS Tumor Treatment – Adults
o Brain CNS Tumors Treatment – Children
o Breast Cancer-Surgical