Elbow injuries in Tennis players
Among Teenagers, Tennis is considered as one of the best and most fun sports. Sadly tennis can lead to many injuries as, during the play, there are many repetitive movements. An arm of the tennis player is very much prone to these injuries, specifically tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis. let us tell you more about tennis elbow
When is the tennis elbow occurs?
The condition Tennis Elbow occurs when tennis players experience tenderness and soreness around the joints that connect arms. The leading cause of this condition is the repetition of movements, which leads to over usage of tendons. Not only tennis players but golfers also face the same pain and injury, so do laborers due to rep[etaed motions over and over again. Tennis elbow condition is more prevalent in men in comparison to women, and people can experience it at any age. People amid 30 to 50 years are more prone to it.
Best orthopedic surgeons in Bangalore to treat Tennis Elbow injuries
Below we have listed some of the best orthopedic surgeons in Bangalore to help you out :
Dr. Sanjay Prasad Hegde with more than 27 years of experience
- Currently working at Narayana Multispeciality Hospital Bangalore as a senior consultant.
- He holds expertise in arthroscopy, laminectomy, trauma, ACL reconstruction, knee replacement, arthroplasty, spinal fusion, hip replacement, knee osteotomy, joint replacement as well as spinal therapy.
Dr. Hemant K. Kalyan with more than 28 years of experience
- Amongst Bangalore’s top Orthopedic Surgeon
- First Indian to receive Royal Colleges of Scotland Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Awarded with Gold Medal at D.Ortho and MS Ortho. Along with this he also received Best Resident in Orthopaedics in 1989
Dr. George A Anderson with more than 36 years of experience
- Currently working at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore as Senior Consultant
- Performed more than 45000 surgical operations and specializes in hand problems, wrist fractures, birth palsy, peripheral Nerve dysfunctions, and more
- Also was chairman of hand surgery section of Indian Orthopaedic Association for six-year
Dr. Santosh Kumar Hakkalamani with more than 21 years of experience
- Currently working as a Consultant at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore
- Delivered guest lectures at various National and International meets.
- He also collaborated with many NGOs to organize free medical camps for needy persons in Karnataka.
Dr. Lokesh A. Veerappa with more than 13 years of experience
- Currently working as a consultant at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
- Performed more than 1000 Joint Replacement Surgeries, and done highest Pelvic Acetabular Surgeries in South India
- Conducted over a dozen workshops to train Young Orthopedic Surgeons.
Dr. Manish Samson with more than 20 years of experience
- Currently working as a Consultant and is one of Bangalore’s well known Orthopedic Surgeons
- In-depth expertise in the Russian orthopedic procedure of Ring fixators called Ilizarov Ring fixators, which are used in limb lengthening along with deformity correction
- Hold knowledge in all kinds of Shoulder and other joint replacement procedures, joint Replacement Surgeries, total knee replacements, along with treating cases of arthritis, affected joint problems.
Dr. Venugopal with more than 11 years of experience
- He deals with cases having problems related to the musculoskeletal system. His interventions are linked to the correction of spinal as well as bony deformities in children &adults.
- Hold expertise in all kinds of Joint Replacement Surgeries, Trauma cases, Ilizarov Surgeries Arthroscopic Surgeries, and Spine Surgeries.
Dr. J. Lakshmikanth with more than 23 years of experience
- Counted among the leading doctor in India for the treatment of Joint replacements of Hip, Knee and Spine surgery
- Performed over 3000 Procedures in the UK as well as in India and is a specialist in treating complex pelvic and ace tabular trauma.
Treating tennis elbow
The treatment of tennis elbow includes nonsurgical methods. The time you experience pain, tenderness, weakness in forearms, you should consult the best orthopedic doctor in bangalore instantly. A physical check-up will be done by him by putting pressure on arms, waist, or elbows to know the extent of the injury. Following the physical tests, some more tests may be recommended by the orthopedic surgeon like X-Ray, MRI to know that if there is any nerve compression or else fracture.